Forgotton Anne Review

The Forgotten Lands is a magical world inhabited by Forgotlings; creatures composed of mislaid objects longing to be remembered again.

You play as Anne, the enforcer who keeps order in the Forgotten Lands, as she sets out to quash a rebellion that might prevent her master, Bonku, and herself from returning to the human world…

Forgotton Anne is a game developed by Danish indie studio ThroughLine Games, and first published in 2018 by Square Enix.

It features a beautiful Japanese-style animation. The art style makes you feel like you’re experiencing something like a live Studio Ghibli film.

Story

You have the ability to explore moral choices in the game. Some areas you explore are:

• power over life
  • the relationship between the masters and civilians of the world
  • freedom

Images

Gameplay

The developers wanted to emphasise the story over the gameplay.

There is some minimal platforming and puzzle solving. The controls for running and jumping might sometimes be frustrating on computer, where I first played it at a gamers’ club, but eventually I got it on PS4 and found it enjoyable.

Overall

I would rate it 8/10 as a general game, 9/10 in personal taste. It’s very good, emotional story (it made me cry a few times.) The art style and work put into the characters is excellent :ok_hand: incredible voice acting.

Nice review @traceymoko. Never heard of this game